Monday, March 23, 2009

The Bible and Hip Hop

The music-video channel which had been blasting in the cafe this morning went suddenly quiet, causing me to glace up. You can imagine my suprise to see...

When I was a child, I spoke like a child,
I understood as a child, I thought as a child;

But when I became a man,

I put childish things away.
- 1 Corinthians 13:11

...before the music of 'Dead and gone' by T.I featuring Justin Timberlake started up.

If (like I was) you're curious, there are links to the video and lyrics below. But a word of WARNING - it contains explicit language, of the variety found in most hip hop.
Video & Lyrics

1 comment:

Louise Polhill said...

Well worth watching from 3mins 40sec-ish if you want to get a feel for what it's about (and some amazing imagery) without anything offensive.